Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Podcast Episode 9: Learning and Professional Development

In this episode I discuss learning and professional development.

There’s so much to know to be an engineer and college courses cover the tip of the iceberg, even if you go to grad school. I learned this early in my career as I was faced with decisions and problems related to topics that I never encountered in school. I also learned that I had to shoulder the responsibility of learning the topics. Some of the learning came from colleagues, some came from taking short courses, and some came from reading textbooks and technical journals.

I this episode I discuss my learning experiences and philosophy about learning, the pitfalls of relying on learning just from experience, and resources for learning and professional development.

Here's a link to the episode. The episode is about 12 minutes long.

Subscribe to the Metal Conversations podcast series on Spotify, Google Podcasts, Apple Podcasts, Amazon Music, Pocket Casts, Overcast, Castbox, and Stitcher.

The post Podcast Episode 9: Learning and Professional Development appeared first on Industrial Metallurgists.



Original post here: Podcast Episode 9: Learning and Professional Development

No comments:

Post a Comment